Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Dove: Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful




After being past the "supposedly" wonderful age of (eeeep!) forty, I have finally accepted, although very reluctantly, that I am a certified Tita!

Yes, after several years of whining and complaining about being called Tita, I have already accepted my tita-ness with arms wide open. Wala na! I have three teenagers already and there's no turning back. At this point in my life, it seems I'm everyone's tita na! Hahaha!



Whenever I meet new people, I can sometimes sense their hesitancy because they don't know how to address me. Paano nga ba? Tina? Achi/Ate? Tita/Auntie?   I know they want to be respectful, but if you are not friends of my kids, please, people, when you are not sure, it's better to err on the side of disrespect and call me Tina. Teeheehee! Just call me by my first name. Ok? Got that? Thanks!

Years ago, and I find it funny now, I would (serial) lie about my age, even to my own kids - GASP! Ahahahaha! But nowadays, when I don't answer questions about my age, it's because I really can't remember. 

I have come to terms about the mom-flabs that has permanently wrapped itself around my mid-section, the stretch marks, the c-section scar, the wider hips, wrinkly skin on my face.  All the signs of aging!

But my husband reassures me that he still sees me as the bride of his youth. His words comfort me and they do make me feel and look more beautiful - even if it's just in my husband's eyes.:)

He always reassures me with words from the Bible:

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, 
such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 
Rather, it should be that of your inner self, 
the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

1 Peter 3:3-4


Being in my 40's I know that physical beauty fades with age. While taking care of our appearance is important, it is even more essential to nurture the character of our hearts...

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Proverbs 31:30





Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful

And speaking of beauty, I want to thank Dove for encouraging every woman to be their own kind of beautiful.

They recently sent me a big care package filled with my favorite Dove products.



I love the thoughtful and personalized drinkjng bottle, gold necklace, monogrammed Parker pen and my own stationery pad.



We are all uniquely created. Thanks again, Dove for supporting that every woman should celebrate her real beauty.



FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment