Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Dona Lim + Snippets of Paris Fashion Week 2016

My good friend and J's ninang, Donabel, just launched Dona Lim, her self-named fashion line



She's one of my oldest friends, and not only do I admire her for sense of style; more than that, she inspires me with how she lives her life of faith.  She really is one of the people whose advice I really take to heart. I really admire how she was able to make a faith statement even with how she presents her fashion line.


An excellent woman, who is he who can find her?
Her value is more precious than jewels and her worth is far above rubies or pearls.
{from Proverbs 31:10}



I'm so proud of her because she's finally found time to pursue her passion. Right after college, she went on to New York to study in Fashion Institute of Technology, and then to London where she got into Central St. Martins. But all things fashion were put on hold for a while as she became a mom to two boys and focused on working as a marketing practitioner at their family-owned oil mill business.

But now, she's back in the thick of all things fashion; and in fact, just came home from Paris for the 2016 Fashion Week. It's about time, Dona!

I just love the Paris photos she sent me through Viber, and I'm sharing them with all of you so we can relive #ParisFashionWeek2016 through her camera lens.


Here she is on the balcony of her rented Paris apartment contemplating in peace, while wearing the pajamas from her silk collection.



Her balcony looks out to this. While it's not Eiffel Tower, it still has a nice view of traditional Parisian architecture. 



I love this paparazzi shot even if it's blurry. 
She's wearing her own lamb leather pants and silk blazer.
When she shared this to me in Viber, we both laughed about how she needs an assistant to photograph her in Paris.



She teased me with food photos when she ate foie gras at L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon...



... in her Dona Lim lamb leather stretch pants, of course!
She claims that they are super comfortable and served her well during the cool Paris nights 
while dining al fresco.



Dona Lim, the label



Dona has always believed in conscious consumption, investing in timeless and quality pieces that she can wear for many many years. She has always advised me to buy for quality because it only means shopping less often, because I don’t have to replace basics too frequently.

For her own label, she prefers working with natural fabrics, like silk, cashmere, cotton and linen. Her clothes are reliant not on trends, but on timelessness and quality of design.



 For her fall collection, she features the classic V-neck cashmere sweater.



Here are some of my favorites from her first collection:

This bamboo tee is a must-have trave shirt. 
It's wrinkle-free, anti-bacterial, thermo-regulated and UV-protected.



 

 







Dona Lim at Tryst Studio

Her label is also selling at Tryst Studio, the newest multi-brand pop-up in town carrying all-European fashion! Visit them at the R1 Level of Power Plant Mall. Tryst Studio will be there until December.

Here are some of the items which you can find there:

I LOVE this snakeskin clutch!



To know more about Dona Lim


FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment