Monday, August 22, 2016

{Weekend Footnotes} G-League SC Leg 1

I haven't been posting regularly, I know. And I'm sorry.

But, here's one now. This is going to be snippets of what happened within this month, so far.

My weekends always seem like a blur lately. 

We used to meet up with my in-laws for Sunday lunch after worship service. But for the past two months, my father-in-law has been in and out of the hospital, so weekends are usually just spent visiting with him. If you could help us pray for his comfort, it will be greatly appreciated.



*  *  *

Two weekends ago, my fave son (and only because he is my only one!) competed in yet another meet. 




If you noticed by now, swim meets are almost a monthly thing for my family. We have 4 meets plus 1 championship during the long course season, and then another 3 meets and 1 championship also for the short course season.  

But to be honest, as much as I hate enduring the hot and humid conditions of watching poolside, I enjoy watching my son swim. Everytime I have to watch him compete, that definitely is the highlight of my weekend! True!

Taken during the G-League Champs where he swam alongside swimmers way much older than him

I'm the kind of swim mom who show up at my kids' compe just to support. I don't jot down their split times, I don't memorize their best times. What I do is take photos, lots of them!

I was watching my son swim one of his events, when I heard people beside me asking each other to watch lane 5, my son's lane. Get his time daw. Buti pa sila. Hahaha! Eh ako, I was just busy getting a video for my IG stories. Teehee!

Swimming the 100m breaststroke where he won a silver


But seriously, what I do give him are bible verses to encourage him. His best stroke are the freestyle and breaststroke. When he found out that he needed to swim the 200m fly he was saying how he's not looking forward to it. But I reminded him of Colossians 3:23 Whatever you are doing, work at it with enthusiasm... For the Lord.

3 silvers for G-League Short course leg 1. Not bad.

*  *  *



There were a lot of school suspensions because of the heavy rains the past few days. Although we weren't really happy because it was the middle of exams week for the kids, it was still a happy break, nonetheless. 

We used it to get some time cooking together in the kitchen, of course! 



We also used the time to try out the thick and fluffy Japanese-style pancake recipe which we've wanted to for the longest time.

If you want to give it a try, you can get the recipe here.



*  *  *


This weekend marks the end of exams week for my kids, but it was a happy one because it also started out on the right foot. With a brunch with some of my fave blogging mamas. We enjoyed our chikka over a sumptous arroz caldo buffet at Chessy's lovely and spacious home.
Michelle of My Mom-Friday, Cai of Apples & Dumplings, Chessy of Chessy.PH, Thammie Sy of thammiesy,com and ME

*  *  *


My girls and I had nothing better to do Sunday afternoon so I invited them to have some dressing room fun. No, we didn't buy anything, we just had fun trying on clothes! I think off-the-shoulder suits my daughter so well. Doesn't it show off so well the collarbones that she worked so hard for. Hehehe!

That's all for now. Till the next weekend!



FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment